Tips for protecting items in storage
- Regularly open the container to improve circulation and ventilation
- Leave a gap between your goods and the container walls to help ventilate the container.
- Lay a plastic sheet or cardboard on the floor of the container to protect your goods
- Cover your goods in a dust sheet.
- Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings.
- Wrap pictures and mirrors in bubble wrap.
- Always fully defrost and clean fridge, freezers & all white goods before storing them, ensuring they're free of water.
- Make sure all appliances are cleaned properly before storage.
Tips for maximising space and locating items within your storage unit
- Pack seasonal goods and frequently used goods at the front so they’re easily accessible
- Place heavy or bulky items in the unit first to provide a good packing base
- Stack your boxes, maximising your space, from the back of the unit and fill your space methodically towards the front.
- Pack your items in stackable clear boxes so you can easily find something at a later date.
- Label your boxes to easily identify the contents.
- Secure your unit using the padlock provided.
Tips for storing vehicles & tools
- Vehicles, machinery and all garden equipment should be cleaned and drained of oil and petrol before storing.
- All vehicles and machinery should have cardboard or carpet placed beneath them while in storage
- Use small ramps to get your vehicle into the container
- Clean and dry tools and metals before storing. Wipe such items with a rag.